Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm going to hurt the next person who says renovating a house would be fun!

Ok, I'm kidding. Not really...

So... our cabinets were delivered today!!! Actually, they were delivered yesterday, but because of road restrictions, the 4 ton truck had to turn around and bring the cabinets all the way back to the warehouse. But they were safely re-delivered today down our lovely dirt road in a smaller truck. I can't wait to see them!

Tile starts tomorrow for our showers and master bathroom. Cabinets are installed on Monday and get measured Tuesday for countertops. Speaking of which, I started shopping and having my heart originally set on white marble and soapstone... I have come to realize those dreams may quickly be dashed. Not that I needed marble in my kitchen... I'm not known to be the neatest freak (or any sort of neat for that matter).

Below are two options of granite I didn't hate:
After seeing the sad pieces of soapstone they had at the shop, I was pleasantly surprised to find this piece of granite.

As for my "white marble" option... so far, this is all I have come up with:
It's a white granite called "Fantasy White" or something like that. I don't hate it, but it's a little too grey I think. I'll have to think on it...

As for the rest of the house, the painters came in and the siding is going on! Pics below...
Entrance and wall color. Not too bad for picking it out in 20 minutes off the internet!

Kitchen area again, painted now.
Siding... looks amazing in person!

Stone starts soon for the "lower half" of the house. We got a pretty good deal (good job, Mark!)

Well, more updates to come! LOTS to happen over the next couple of weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment